Dedicated Lawyers Serving High Point and All of Guilford County
Experienced law firm handles all aspects of personal injury, workers’ compensation and family law in the Greensboro, NC area
Scott Law Offices provides legal services for clients suffering personal injuries, work-related injuries or family law crises in High Point, Greensboro and all of Davidson County. We give you honest and candid counsel so you understand the law and your legal options. Our firm has more than six decades of combined experience working with North Carolinians to resolve their problems.
Our firm takes great pride in working closely with clients, giving them the benefit of:
- Experience — At Scott Law Offices, founded in 1972, we put our collective experience to work for you. We have dealt with thousands of divorce and child custody proceedings.
- Integrity — Principal attorney Robert G. Scott was a captain in the U.S. Army Reserve J.A.G. Corps. Our clients rely on his candor and honesty when facing difficult moments.
- Personal attention — Every case is different and needs a solution tailored to the client’s individual needs. Our attorneys care and will work side by side with you to help you understand the basis of your legal situation and explain the law that applies to it. We make house calls for our clients and are always available by phone.
We treat every case with individual care and strive to make sure that you feel comfortable you are receiving the highest level of legal services. If you need to call or speak with one of our attorneys after hours, we are available to you.
A firm well versed in divorce, child custody and distribution of marital property
If you face a tough divorce or difficult questions of child custody or child support in North Carolina, you need a lawyer who is accomplished in family law.
Our firm handles:
- Divorce and separation agreements — Divorce is rarely an easy process. If you are considering separating or filing for divorce in North Carolina, you need aggressive representation to protect your interests. Don’t hire an attorney who only dabbles in family law. We are in the family law trenches every day fighting for people just like you.
- Child custody and visitation — Child custody disputes can require intense court hearings and multiple negotiations between lawyers and judges. Our principal attorney, Robert G. Scott, has handled hundreds of hearings and knows how to maneuver through the obstacles to help you reach the most favorable outcome.
- Child support and alimony — When circumstances change, you may need to adjust your child support and alimony payments, or you may find that your former spouse is late or withholding payment. Whatever the case may be, we work to fix your situation.
- Domestic violence and restraining orders — Our attorneys know the harm that domestic violence can do to people and families. If you suffer from abuse, we help you get a restraining order and seek other legal remedies. In most cases, we obtain emergency relief for you within 24 hours. We also represent clients who challenge a restraining order or abuse allegations. It is not uncommon for a spouse to fabricate charges to have their spouse removed from his or her home.
- Marital assets and property distribution — Dividing marital property can be the most contentious issue that confronts couples as they separate. With the general rule that all marital property is divided equally, you need an attorney who can maximize your percentage of recovery by using the various factors a court can consider. Our attorneys know the law regarding marital assets and property distribution. We fight to get you the arrangement you need and can propose unique solutions to keep you ahead.
We do not pass your case off to paralegals: we work with you one on one to make sure you feel informed and confident about the law as it relates to your case.
Personal injury & workers’ compensation lawyers in North Carolina
Our firm offers the same level of experienced, ethical and personal legal services when you are injured. Our personal injury practice provides determined representation for a variety of injuries that occur due to another party’s negligence, recklessness or deliberate behavior. If you are hurt in an auto accident or suffer a slip and fall, dog bite or other harm involving a landlord’s premises liability, you can trust our attorneys to investigate your claim and build a compelling case for full compensation.
We also manage workplace accident claims. If you need assistance with a workers’ compensation claim that’s been denied or you have a case for a third-party lawsuit, we represent your interests aggressively.
Contact us for a consultation on personal injury, workers’ compensation and family law matters in Greensboro, High Point and Davidson County
Going through a divorce, determining child custody or settling on a division of marital assets is never an easy process. Having a capable and honest attorney by your side eases the burden. Scott Law Offices serves North Carolinians in Guilford and Davidson counties. Our attorneys are willing to see clients at home and always respond promptly to client requests. Contact us at 888-983-0417 or online to schedule a consultation at our office in downtown High Point.