High Point – Greensboro Criminal Defense Attorneys
A person charged with a crime faces the most challenging time of his or her life. Whether the charge is a minor traffic violation or a serious felony, the accused person deserves to know he or she will receive thorough, aggressive legal representation.
Our criminal defense lawyers provide strong legal representation for clients throughout Guilford, Davidson and Randolph counties in dealing with the defense of a variety of serious legal matters, including the following:
- Drug Crimes – Including federal drug crimes, marijuana, possession with intent, trafficking and prescription fraud.
- DWI and Traffic Offenses for local and out-of-state drivers – Including driving while impaired, driving while licensed revoked or suspended, speeding tickets and traffic tickets.
- Assault – Including assault on a female and assault with a deadly weapon.
- Violent Crimes – Including domestic violence, murder and manslaughter.
- Theft offenses – Such as obtaining property by false pretense, writing bad checks and larceny.
- White Collar Fraud
- Sex offenses – Including sexual harassment
- Student Crimes (UNC Greensboro, North Carolina A&T, High Point University)
Through years of experience in practicing criminal defense law in the Greensboro and High Point area, the attorneys at Scott Law Office have found three keys to success in any defense case:
It is our guarantee that we will give each case the individualized attention to detail necessary to achieve the best possible result under the circumstances.
- Thoroughly investigate the facts
- Research the applicable criminal law
- Prepare for any necessary court proceedings.
North Carolina DWI Laws: What you need to know
DUI/DWI is a serious offense, and North Carolina has some of the strictest drinking and driving laws ever adopted in the U.S., but there are circumstances that may influence the outcome in your favor, depending on your circumstances.
- Were you actually impaired?
- Did the officer have a right to stop your vehicle?
- Did the officer have sufficient evidence to place you under arrest for DUI/DWI?
- Did the officer properly administer the field sobriety tests before arresting you?
- Were proper procedures followed during your arrest?
- Were proper procedures followed during any breath or blood tests?
Due to the severity of DWI sentencing in North Carolina, our attorneys explore all avenues in preparation of your defense.
Hire a criminal defense attorney who will fight for your rights and give your case the attention it deserves.
When facing criminal charges, your choice of attorney can have a profound impact on the course and outcome of your case. It is of paramount importance to choose a lawyer you can trust when your life, liberty, and financial assets are at risk.
We are experienced at handling crimes and infractions at all stages of the proceedings against our clients, from pre-charge investigation through trial, as well as on appeal and pursuing motions for post-conviction relief. This comprehensive nature of our practice enhances our ability to provide informed advice at all stages of criminal proceedings. Our attorneys have obtained Not Guilty verdicts and dismissals in a wide range of criminal trials, from drug trafficking charges, to assault and DWI, and have won many reversals on appeal. They have also achieved many successful results in post-conviction proceedings.
Contact Us Regarding Your High Point & Greensboro Cases As Well As Cases In Randolph And Davidson County
Protect your rights. Whether you have received a traffic ticket or have been charged with a violent crime, we are prepared to help. Contact our High Point criminal defense attorney online, or call 336-887-8111 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case.